Exhibition night and some feedback

 

 

exhibition feedback 1

Capture exhibit 3exhibit 4

exhib5

exhibit 6

 

Advertisements

Final major project completed for exhibition.

I had to hang up the rest of the fabric I purchased from York Market with the paper clip. and blackout the windows again using gaffer tape before I could setup my sculpture.

First of all we tried to see what the sculptures would look like in the main exhibition space and used some spotlights on it although it looked good I felt that the blacked out room would look better.

I also experimented further using my original sculpture’s in the space on a plinth. They looked good but I still wanted to try my larger sculptures.

I then moved the sculptures into the blacked out room I placed them on a black piece of material I had left over and then I felt they needed some height so I used the plinth and placed it on its side with the fabric.

I then had to find a way to secure the piece because although it stood up it couldn’t be left as it had fallen and it wouldn’t be a good idea to leave it to fall mid exhibition.

I approached Ollie who gave me a stapler but because of the weight and thickness of some of the wire the staples wouldn’t work. It was suggested that screws would work but I really didn’t want to use screws that could be seen and I felt they would be seen, so Ollie found some black screws that against the black fabric covered plinth couldn’t be seen so I was really happy with that. To further stabilise the sculpture I used fishing wire and paperclips securing from the top of the sculpture’s to the ceiling.  I am really happy with it so far but just have to wait in hope that everything is ok with the audio and visual projection.

I visited my exhibition piece on the day of the exhibition and the Audio had been set up and I was really happy with it but I felt their was still something lacking. I was mostly disappointed with the way the projector would not reach all of the sculpture and there was no way of enlarging it or moving it further back.

I went to see Brian I thought perhaps I could use a  second projector and project the same image underneath. ”Twin projections onto Twin sculptures’. Brian wasn’t sure this could be done and said he would bring another projector over to see if we can get a larger image onto the sculpture. I was disappointed but was pleased that there maybe another solution.  Brian came over and had decided to try to link the two projectors together as he realised that there is an output socket on the projector but couldn’t guarantee it would work as he had never done it before.  Lucky for me it did work and I was over the moon with the result.

I am so happy with what I have achieved for my FMP I don’t think I could have done anymore.

 

 

 

My Photobox Book

I thought as I had taken some lovely photographs and Manipulated some of them during my exploration and experimentation that I would put together a Photobook showing my journey towards my exhibition piece to exhibit for my FMP.

I came across https://www.photobox.co.uk/shop/photo-books

They had good reviews and the software appeared to be simple to use.

It sounded easy but unfortunately it was not as easy for me . I have had lots of trouble with some of the images as they were manipulated for screen and projection and not a great quality for print.  So after Three failed attempts of uploading the images to make the book I went to see Mandy who showed me how to change the images properly for print but explained that due to the Manipulation and size of some of the photographs it was unlikely that they would accept the quality for print in the size I was hoping for and if that was the case I could go and see her again.

I decided when some of the images failed that I would use the photographs that I hadn’t manipulated like the projections onto sculpture and the photoshoot of the girls for the larger images as they were all used in my Research and exploration. So I would create smaller boxes on the pages for the manipulated photographs to be accepted and this appeared to work for most of the images that I wanted to use. altogether There was only a couple of photographs I had to dismiss all together as they were manipulated photographs of projections on acetate and although they look beautiful on screen the system wouldn’t accept them for print as the quality wasn’t good enough.

Photobox book 1

To see the full photobook in Digital formation please click the link

http://www.photobox.co.uk/creation/4855920653